With over 20 years of experience in coaching golf as a Professional, I am committed to an ongoing improvement of my coaching skills and I continually attend CPD (Continuous Professional Development) courses.
I have great knowledge and experience of providing Golf Coaching to many different nationalities in both England and southern Europe.
I have worked for Pestana Golf Resorts in Portugal which at the time was home to the world-renowned David Leadbetter Golf Academy.
I used this opportunity to learn first hand about the DLGA philosophy and techniques. Along with many other tour players, David Leadbetter is probably most famous for his work with Nick Price and Nick Faldo.
I have also been lucky enough to work for Scott Cranfield, where I was personally trained by him to coach at one of his Academy’s. Scott’s impressive list of Players he has worked with includes Ryder Cup Players, Robert Jan-Derkson, Bradley Dredge and Ernie Els.
Through my training, I attained a PGA Body Matters in Golf Certificate which focuses on Physical Profiling. I am also able to help you with other facets of the game including the psychology and bio-mechanics of the golfer, which means I can tailor a comprehensive coaching programme exactly suited to your needs.
This has really enhanced my ability to help improve my students’ physical limitations related to their swing and help them create a more efficient movement.
The Fore King Golf website and YouTube Channel gives me a great platform to share some of my golfing knowledge, provide good information and to reach as many golfers or potential golfers as possible.
I look forward to being able to help you get your game in shape.
Ladies European Tour Coach
I have worked with players of all abilities including Ladies European Tour Player, Trish Johnson, who is an 8-time Solheim Cup Player and a multiple winner on both the LPGA Tour & Ladies European Tour
Trish played on the Ladies European Tour.
Now don’t worry, you don’t need to be a Tour Player to benefit from my coaching.
You can use my techniques to improve your game, no matter your skill level or ability.
I promise… I can help you improve all areas of your game so you begin to LOVE the game again.
My Own Training History
Below is a list of some of the training courses I have attended and Coaches I have worked with or observed.
- Feb 2009: Created Weekend Golfers with Steve King
- Ongoing: Currently training through distance learning to gain Advanced PGA Professional Status
- OCT 2007: PGAs of Europe Teaching & Coaching Conference, Malmö, Sweden. Speakers included: Jamil Qureshi, Kjell Enhager and the Titleist Performance Institute.
- MAR 2006: Passion for the Short Game by England Coach Gary Smith
- FEB 2006: Custom Fitting by Ping, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- SEP 2005: PGAs of Europe Teaching & Coaching Conference, Munich, Germany. Speakers included: Hank Haney, Dennis Pugh and Fanny Sunesson.
- JAN 2005: Body Matters in Golf by Paul Derby (PGA Certificate) Chartered physiotherapist and sports conditioning consultant
- DEC 2004: Putting Biomechanics by Dr Paul Hurrion, Coach to Open Champion Padraig Harrington
- JAN 2004: Confidence and Visualisation by Katrina Douglas & Dr David Carless
- Oct 2000: Introduction to Golf Course Management by David Rhodes MSc NDT
- JAN 2003: NSPCC Keeping Children Safe in Sports, child protection awareness program
- JUN 2002: Personally trained and certified in the mental, technical and psychological aspects by European Tour Coach Scott Cranfield
- NOV 1998: PGA Qualified (PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry). Subjects included: Teaching and Theory of the Golf Swing, Rules of Golf, Club Repairs, Merchandising, Shop Management and Tournament Administration
- OCT 1995: Turned Pro and entered PGA Training.
Observed – Scott Cranfield coaching.
Observed – Bernhard Gallagher coaching. (Junior workshop)